The EHE Office of Research, Innovation, and Collaboration (ORIC) works closely with faculty, postdocs, research staff and students across the college and the university to develop responsive and competitive proposals. We provide an array of services depending on the particular requirements of the sponsor and the needs of principal investigators.
If you find an opportunity that you are interested in, please contact one of the grants managers in EHE – Michael Moses or Shawna Davis. If you have questions about quantitative research methods, contact firstname.lastname@example.org; questions about qualitative research methods, contact QualLab@osu.edu. If you have questions about doing research in schools or community engagement, contact Nicole Luthy.
In addition to services offered by EHE Office of Research, the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is an essential partner in securing research grants. Following is how OSP supports grant writing:
- Submits proposals on behalf of the university
- Provides accounting, purchasing, and other administrative services to assist in managing the financial aspects of their projects
- Obtains the necessary goods, services, and personnel to conduct the research effort
- Meets sponsor needs for fiscal reports
- Provides financial accounting to sponsors for the activity funded and is subject to federal audit
Our college has been assigned two OSP program officers:
Aimee Sanford (614.688.2773) works with not-for-profit sponsors and all researchers in the college except Center for Education and Training for Employment (CETE);
Todd Eckert (614.292.4510) works with not-for-profit sponsors and all researchers in CETE;
John Robinson (614.292.8670) works with for-profit sponsors, such as industry.